Wednesday, March 3, 2010

my table right now.

This is my dining room table right now. No joke. I haven't peed for the last two hours because I was diligently working on this ever-so-important project. I was given two pages from the Yochien moms to decorate with bobei to be put in a book of such pages for bobei's teacher. The Japanese school year ends in March and begins again in April so she will be changing classes, the kids will get mixed up a bit and she'll have a new teacher. Her teacher has been incredible. She speaks some English and has helped me and bobei in many ways. She always makes sure I know and understand upcoming events. She helps bobei by translating at times and mediating between English and Japanese friends when there is a misunderstanding. This woman is with the kids the whole day. She plays piano for them, teaches them how to play melodion, swims in the pool with them during their swimming class, chases them during gymnastics class, eats lunch with them, draws with them...and I've never seen her tired! She really is the best. She really is a blessing to us. She really translates important notices for me. She really writes bobei's "school memories" in English in her Yochien notebook. And its the cutest English you've ever read. And I love her. I want her to be my teacher. So, I really wanted our pages to be awesome. I wanted to do my best Japanese style to show my appreciation for someone so incredible. Okay here is page one:

a simple note from our whole family.
page two:

little interview with bobei about her teacher and Yochien
"I like Keiko Sensei because I love her."
"I like it when Keiko Sensei is Obake(Japanese ghost/ghoul?)"
"My favorite part of Yochien is playing Purikyuwa and playing everyday outside at sunset."
page three:

mixed media collage by bobei, this is a garden with a sun and clouds, a purple flower, grass and hearts
(I added her walking through the garden)
page four:

the big finish, signed by the queen herself
I put her saying, "Let's go!"

I really hope her teacher knows how much we appreciate her. Seeing the results of this makes me want to start scrapbooking. But considering these four tiny pages took me two and a half hours to complete, I don't think its something that would improve my sanity or anyone elses.

jaa!

1 comment:

  1. These are such cool pages...I hope the teacher likes them also! I love them, and would be honored to receive anything so cool. I also love Bobei's ochien outfit, I want one for myself. Good excuse to go hat shopping, like I need more hats...love Grandma Becky.

    ReplyDelete