Monday, March 1, 2010

ooo ya ya


I'm in need of inspiration. I take that back. I feel insanely inspired. And yet my thoughts are scattered, my mind is scrolling and I'm making nothing. Thinking about making things. Dreaming that I'm in the fabric store, and when I get there in reality I can't choose. I died three times and went to Japanese designer fabric heaven and came back empty handed. Who does this? Who is in love with so many colorways and weights and kawaii that they can't process it all and end up alone? Me.

I'm in need of a place to leave notes for people so far away. In my mind I'm corresponding with all of you. I pick up the most wonderful stationary, hold it in my hands, turn it over and over and then put it back on the shelf. And the days are passing like crazy. So here it is:

Dear you,
I miss you like crazy.
I want to put you in my phone even though I can't call you internationally.
It would feel like home just to see your name there.
I forgot to do a whole bunch of shit before I left. Can you take care of it for me?
I could sure use your reassurance right now.
Let's bounce ideas off each other instead of doing other things.
I'll meet you in the garden, at Haggis, on your couch, at the park, at Starbucks.
love, love, love,
me

Here we go again.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Raquel,

    Wonderful blog! It's so nice to see your pic's & read about what's going on with your family! It seems peaceful there! Hugs from Jennie

    ReplyDelete