Wednesday, March 10, 2010

loot

Excited about cross-stitch?
You should be.
Oh my, I have been waiting since living in the states to get my hands on one of Gera's cross-stitch patterns and challenge myself to the task of finishing a cross-stitch project(something I have never done). I learned how to cross-stitch maybe in 4th grade? from a friend of my mom's. But Gera cross-stitch is like no other cross-stitch out there. Her designs are so whimsical and original I can't stand it. Cubit Alice in Wonderland? Love.

When I saw on Gera's blog that she was having an exhibit here in Tokyo I could not miss it.
About an hour ride on the train? Worth it.
Walking around for an hour in Shibuya in the rain? Worth it.
Walking for an hour in the wrong direction in the rain? Worth it.

The exhibit was held at doux dimanche, which is a boutique/gallery and its just quaint and sweet, full of fabulous design, pretty things, and nice people.

Besides trying to pick out a Gera pattern, nearly impossible, I was completely exasperated trying to choose from doux dimanche's selection of Nathalie Lete items. The girl at the counter actually asked me if I was ok because I was sighing and wandering around the tiny store for so long. I'm sure I looked crazy. Picking up things, putting them down, feeling things, putting them down, and probably sighing the whole time because it was all just too much. Too beautiful. Too hard to choose.

This is what I came back with. I chose the Thumbelina pattern for cross-stitch(I limited myself to one pattern in hopes of accomplishment), an iron-on transfer by Nathalie Lete to use for bobei's yochien bag, a few postcards and, in the corner, a magnificent Nathalie Lete handkerchief. I'm still sighing over these things. dear Japan, I love you. And I love your love of French design. sincerely, me

No comments:

Post a Comment